Some days, you sit at your laptop and just cannot think of a single topic to write about! I've been struck by blogging writers-block more than a few times, and something that always helped me was looking through these kinds of lists and waiting for one to jump at me! Well, I've been collecting this list for quite awhile, and decided to share it in case any of you are expiriencing the same block!Read More
If there are two thing's I've been obsessed with lately, it's neck-bows and berets. So obviously this outfit has been a favorite as of late, and I loved shooting it in front of this adorable Notting Hill home! Red has always been a favorite color of mine, and if there's one thing my grandmother taught me, it's that a swipe of red lipstick always looks chic.Read More
London is a beautiful city filled with so much history! I loved getting to explore all the different neighborhoods of London, and even though the weather tends to be on the wet side (bring a hat and an umbrella!) it's still one of my favorite places I've visited! Read on for a few reccomendations during your trip!Read More
We're only 4 days in to 2018, but so far, it's been pretty great! I've never been one to make hard-and-fast New Years Resolutions, but this year I thought I'd take a stab at a few goals, or just little things I want to do in 2018. I'll be printing these out in pretty fonts and putting them above my desk in my new Brooklyn apartment (don't worry, I'll post pictures once it's finished!) so that I can be constantly reminded of them!Read More
Holy cow, how did 2017 go so fast?? It's about to be 3 years that I've been doing this whole blog thing (what?!) and I've had a lot of posts from 2017 that I've particularly loved! But I widdled it down to just a few, so here are my 2017 favorites!Read More
How did four months go by so fast? It seems like just yesterday I hopped off that plane into the 100+ degree Italian heat, and had no idea where I was, or what I was doing! But I'm currently a thousand feet high in the air flying back to the US, and let me tell you, it's the ultimate bittersweet. Leaving for Italy was hard, but leaving Italy is twice as hard.Read More
I've had the amazing opportunity to travel Europe, and live in Florence for the past few months, and while I've been posting travel diaries about my experiences, I had a few people ask me if I would do more practical guides and tips for someone planning thier own trips to these cities! I'll be posting guides for each city over the next few months, but I thought the best one to kick it off was the one I know best, Florence!Read More
What a dream! I had the best time exploring London in general, but Notting Hill was by far the most picturesque area! As soon as we stumbled across this row of candy-colored townhouses, I ran straight for this bright pink one with a fuchsia door! (I mean come on, this is me turned into a house)Read More
The Holidays are almost here! And one of my favorite parts is of course picking out something special to wear on Christmas Eve, and to Christmas day dinner! It's one of the only days where pulling out a bright red (sometimes slightly over-the-top) dress can be deemed acceptable.
So to make your search for the prefect little number for Christmas easier, I've pulled some of the best dresses under $100 from different retailers, all in festive colors! Happy Holidays Everyone!Read More
Even though we're a little past Thanksgiving and heading into the crazy Holiday season, I wanted to take a quick moment and share a few of the many things I'm thankful for. I am incredibly blessed to have amazing people and opportunities in my life, and it's important to focus on all of the good things we have, instead of all the things we wish for. So without further adieu, here are 15 things I'm thankful for! Happy Holidays!!
- My family. Who have always been incredibly supportive and loving, and I get to see in 3 weeks!!
- My big sis Emma, whose always there for encouragement or a reality-check (;
- My Home. I'm grateful to be raised a Texan, and love my hometown of Houston!
- My amazing friends! Texas friends, New York friends, Study Abroad friends, Blogger friends, all of them!!
- That I get to study and live in New York City
- That I've gotten to study abroad in Florence, and travel Europe these past few months!
- Thankful for Nutella, always.
- For my precious niece and nephew, who I can't wait to hug!!
- For all the cheap and delicious Chinese food in NY. Namely, Ramen-Ya and Vanessa's Dumplings
- For 2.5 years of Southern New Yorker! And counting!
- For my readers, sponsors, and supporters who make SNY possible!
- For finding new amazing food across Europe like Goulash in Austria, Escargot and Duck Comfit in France, Paella in Spain, and ALL the pasta in Italy!
- That moment when you make it through closing subway doors (NY'ers know what I'm taking about)
- Hummus. (and my Jewish friend Daphna who taught me how to say that properly)
- CATS. My roommates have yelled at me multiple times for picking up stray cats in Europe... oops (:
'Ello! I spent this past weekend in London, UK and had the best time brunching, visiting spots from Harry Potter and Sherlock homes, and seeing all the usual sights (London Eye, Westminster, Kensington, etc) with friends! In classic London style, it was a bit misty-rainy most of the time, but that didn't stop us from exploring this gorgeous city!Read More
The Holiday Season is approaching faster than we know it (bring on the Christmas movies and hot chocolate!!) but somethimes it can be hard to pick just the right gift for someone. That's why I've created 7 different gift guides (you heard me, 7!) for any type of person you have on your list, whether it's a coworker, close friend, or family! Happy Holidays!Read More